Have you noticed a new icon on our website?
ZINIO is a service that allows library patrons to read many of their favorite magazines on a computer or on their favorite e-reader or smartphone. There are no due dates - you get to keep your issue as long as you like and when you are done, you may delete it. Would you like to get started?
Patrons must first set up a Zinio library account and then a Zinio viewer account. The Zinio library account allows you to gain access to the Lakeshores Library System collection of magazine titles. The Zinio viewer account is used to access & read the magazine issues you choose. There are 100 magazine titles to choose from! Here are the simple steps to begin:
- Click on the Zinio icon on the left side of this website. This will take you to the collection of magazines you can view and add to your library.
- Create your accounts ~
- To create the first "checkout" account, click "create New Account" at the top right corner of the page. You will need your library card number and email address. You will need to activate your account once you have created it through your email account. Write your username & password down. You will use the same one to create the 2nd account.
- To create the second account (Zinio reader): click on Zinio at the top right corner of the screen. Click Sign Up. Enter the information. Remember to use the same username and password you just used to create the "checkout" account.
- NOW YOU ARE READY TO CHECK OUT MAGAZINES AND START READING!
- Checking out magagines:
- Go to the Rochester Library Homepage (www.rochester.lib.wi.us)
- Click on the Zinio icon (from the front page or Resource page)
- Click Log In (top right corner)
- Browse and select a magazine to place in your Zinio account.
- Once you click on the magazine, it will load to your Zinio account.
- Go to your Zinio reader (online or from an app on your device) and enjoy reading your magagine!